Egyptians call it “the plant of immortality.” Native Americans call it “the wand of heaven.” The magic plant, aloe vera, is famous for its benefits over the human body. Aloe vera is useful for treatment of scratches, burns and cuts, and you can easily grow aloe vera at home.
- This plant includes over 200 minerals and vitamins, including aminoacids and polysaccharides.
Aloe vera belongs to the nerium family, alongside onion and garlic. Different parts of this precious plant can be used for various purposes.
- According to “The Journal of Environmental Science and Health”, aloe vera has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal attributes. In other words, it is good for preventing bacteria, virus and fungus which can make you sick. However, like many other medicinal plants, it is not suitable for everyday use.
- The jelly material inside the leaves of aloe vera, consists of 99% pure water. This jelly has been used for medical purposes for over 5000 years.
- This part is very rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamins A, C and E, folic acid, vitamins of B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. Moreover, it has minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, iron, sodium and potassium.
- Aloe vera is also rich in aminoacids and fatty acids.
- Aminoacids are the nucleons of proteins. The human body need 22 different aminoacids to survive and 8 of these have vital importance. Aloe vera contains 18 to 20 amino acids and it includes the essential 8 aminoacids. Moreover, aloe vera helps prevent the increase of fatty acids in blood, allergies and stomach problems through fatty acids and plant sterols.
- Aloe vera helps keep your metabolism in harmony. These balancing ingredients, that are called adaptogens, are increasing the human body’s adaptation to external effects, and therefore helps immune systems work better. This is the reason why aloe vera is helpful to relieve physical, emotional and environmental stress.
- It helps to get rid of digestive problems by providing relief to your bowel. Digestive problems can be caused by various reasons. A healthy digestive system is a sign of your body’s overall health. As aloe vera has regulating and cleansing effects over the digestive tract, it is used in diarrhea, constipation and acid reflux treatments as a natural remedy.
- Aloe vera is helps cleansing the toxic matter around your body. This plant cleans digestive tract and bowels, which helps the removal of toxic material.
- It is a key element to sustain a your heart’s overall health. It is known that when aloe vera jelly is injected in veins, it helps red blood cells to increase the flow of oxygen around the body. Aloe vera is also helpful to regulate blood circulation and lower levels of bad cholesterol.
- It helps your immune system to get stronger. Polysaccharids in aloe vera help the immune system to fight against viruses. The antioxidant inside the aloe vera works against the unstable composites that causes the aging process.
- It has a rejuvenating and healing effect on skin.
Aloe vera is usually used in skin products as it has a significant rejuvenating effect. It can help the healing process of burns, scars or bug bites. It is known that aloe vera has been used before the emergence of medicine industry.
- It helps your body reach to its healthy weight.
Aloe vera helps weight loss through its positive effects on digestive system and its antioxidant feature. In other words, by regulating the digestive system and cleansing out the toxic matter your body uses helps in the weight loss process.