The S23 FE is a weird combine between Samsung’s Galaxy S22 flagship (from final yr) and the mid-range Galaxy A54, but it nonetheless carries the “S23” identify, and maybe the simplest argument in opposition to it could certainly be the Galaxy S22, which runs on the identical chip; has a fairly an identical digicam setup, and appears much more premium because of the thinner show borders.Nevertheless, I’ve realized my lesson because the launch of the Galaxy S21 FE, and I’m not going to inform you the Galaxy S23 FE is “a pointless telephone”, as a result of it isn’t. And if you understand how and when to drag the set off and purchase one, you may simply be getting probably the greatest smartphone offers of the yr!
So, let’s have a look at precisely why the Galaxy S23 exists; the way it stacks up in opposition to the competitors, and why shopping for one it would truly be an incredible thought… in some unspecified time in the future.
Samsung’s inexpensive Galaxy S23 FE flagship doesn’t look nice subsequent to the closest competitors from Google and Nothing proper now
Mockingly, the Galaxy S21 FE has a much more premium design than the Galaxy S23 FE, and should you don’t agree, you’re… Samsung.
Disclaimer: This isn’t meant to be an in depth comparability between the Galaxy S23 FE and its closest opponents, however there’s no means I can decide the S23 FE in isolation, so let’s see the way it stacks up in opposition to the Google Pixel 8, and Nothing Cellphone 2 in my subjective opinion…For those who’re in a rush, this is the fast abstract:
- The Pixel 8 could have a greater show than each the Galaxy S23 FE and Nothing Cellphone 2 (should you don’t thoughts the smaller measurement)
- Day-to-day efficiency ought to be fairly an identical throughout all telephones, since all of them provide roughly the identical uncooked energy; the Nothing Cellphone 2 ought to be probably the most dependable telephone for heavier duties, like gaming
- Battery life also needs to be kind of comparable, however will differ relying in your utilization; our exams present the Nothing Cellphone 2 ought to offer you an additional hour of use total
- Digital camera efficiency ought to go to the Pixel 8, with the Galaxy S23 FE in second place and the Nothing Cellphone 2 in third; unsurprisingly, Google’s professional picture processing helps the Pixel excel within the digicam division regardless of solely having two cameras
- Pixel 8 leaves the Galaxy S23 FE and Nothing Cellphone 2 far behind when it comes to software program assist with just about double the quantity of updates you’ll get (should you maintain the telephone for seven years, and if Google does certainly ship on its promise)
Galaxy S23 FE vs Pixel 8 vs Nothing Cellphone 2: Samsung isn’t profitable the $600-700 Android battle like in 2020-2021
Nothing Cellphone 2 (left), Galaxy S23 FE (center), Pixel 8 (proper). Samsung’s inexpensive flagship doesn’t look anyplace as premium because it ought to, and you’ll blame the thick show borders.
Galaxy S23 FE: Why Samsung’s most weird smartphone launch in 2023 may become probably the greatest offers of the yr (should you’re affected person)
I fairly like the colours of the Galaxy S23 FE.
The Galaxy S23 FE makes you marvel… If Samsung isn’t making an attempt to make the greatest telephone within the “inexpensive flagship” section… What’s the firm making an attempt to realize? Recycle previous components? Hold the Galaxy hype going till the Galaxy S24 is out? Or just put out a brand new telephone for the vacation season?
All/not one of the above may be true, however I’m nonetheless glad the Galaxy S23 FE exists, and that’s as a result of it’s going to be the proper inexpensive flagship to purchase on sale! Similar to the Galaxy S21 FE. Let me elaborate…
The Galaxy S23 FE will probably be an incredible deal… very quickly
The $600 Galaxy S23 FE seems extra like a $200 price range telephone from the entrance.
With a premium construct, a flagship SoC, a triple digicam setup with optical zoom, a battery that may final you a complete day, 4 years of Android updates, and extras like wi-fi charging and water and dust-resistance, this seemingly “pointless” inexpensive flagship can be a steal for $300-400.
So… it’s best to positively purchase the Galaxy S23 FE. Simply not proper now. And never for $600.