Early subsequent week, Apple will launch the first main replace to iOS 17, which is able to carry a handful of options, together with AirDrop over the Web and Apple Music enhancements. However the greatest cause to hurry to replace will probably be quite a few bug fixes.
Apple already mounted a few widespread points with a flurry of small updates to iOS 17, however this launch will repair quite a few nagging bugs which have stricken new and outdated iPhones alike. Among the many fixes, in response to Apple’s launch notes, are the next:
- Fixes a problem that will trigger the Vital Location privateness setting to reset when transferring an Apple Watch or pairing it for the primary time.
- Resolves a problem the place the names of incoming callers might not seem when you’re on one other name.
- Addresses a problem the place customized and bought ringtones might not seem as choices in your textual content tone.
- Fixes a problem that will trigger the keyboard to be much less responsive.
- Fixes a problem that will trigger show picture persistence.
That final repair is probably the most notable, as quite a few stories across the internet have claimed “burn-in” points with the iPhone 15. Some have swapped out their gadgets at Apple Shops solely to have the identical challenge pop up. Burn-in is feasible with OLED shows however not often occurs after just a few weeks of use.
Apple nonetheless has a number of iOS 17 options but to be launched, together with the brand new Journal app, but it surely’s good that iOS 17.1 will probably be extra of a upkeep replace. Since iOS 17 launched in September, there have been numerous stories of issues, a handful of which had been mounted with the iOS 17.0.1, 17.0.2, and 17.0.3 updates.
It has been reported that one other widespread challenge, the place telephones are randomly restarting in a single day, has not been mounted as of the most recent beta. It’s potential that Apple will rapidly push a smaller iOS 17.1.1 to handle that bug.