Robert Triggs / Android Authority
Would you pay for full-fledged iMessage on Android, although? We posed this query to you in a ballot just a few days in the past, and right here’s what you informed us.
Would you pay for iMessage on Android?
This was a highly regarded ballot, with virtually 4,000 votes tallied as of writing. The winner? Properly, a large ~77% of respondents stated they wouldn’t pay for iMessage on Android. By comparability, simply ~23% of polled readers stated they’d pay for the service on Google-powered gadgets.
Drilling down even additional, ~72% of North American respondents stated they wouldn’t pay for iMessage on Android telephones in comparison with ~28% of North Individuals who stated they might.
In the meantime, a large ~93% of surveyed readers outdoors North America stated they wouldn’t pay for Apple’s messaging service on Android. Yep, simply ~7% of polled readers in the remainder of the world stated they’d pay for Apple’s IM app. It’s no shock to see respondents outdoors North America being against this proposition given the recognition of Android and different messaging apps in the remainder of the world.
Nonetheless, we hope Apple’s embrace of RCS makes for a extra fashionable texting expertise between Android and iOS and ends in a drop in inexperienced bubble bullying.
- Patrick Berg: If I needed iMessage I’d get an iPhone. I take advantage of Android and wish neither of the aforementioned.
- realhonesty: Being categorized as a “Inexperienced bubble” solely satisfied me to stay with Samsung. I’m not going to alter what I like simply to slot in. For those who don’t like me how I’m, then do us each a favor and depart me on learn.
- bridgeotto: Ew. Why would I wish to pay for a messaging service?
- cbn4forums: Why would I pay for this? I reside in North America and use WhatsApp as my foremost messaging App and if I have to message individuals who don’t use it it’s wonderful with me, I’ll use SMS and received’t care in regards to the colour of the bubbles.
- jonzey231: A pair years in the past, sure. All my family and friends have since switched to Sign although. Too little too late for RCS, Tim Apple.
- eszklar: I’ve used BlueBubbles, Sunbird and Beeper for iMessges on Android. Haven’t paid a factor as far as Sunbird/Beeper are nonetheless testing. It actually would rely on the pricing mannequin, say $3.99 USD/month or so.